Stork Vision® is proud to exclusively employ only Sonographers that are ARDMS registered or registry eligible with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®). This prestigious nationally recognized organization has been providing award credentials in Sonography since 1975. Many other elective Prenatal Ultrasound Imaging Centers claim that persons performing sonograms need not be registered with the ARDMS® or have any type of medical professional training to perform safe scans, Stork Vision® knows differently.
Having a professional Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) perform your scan not only speaks to the integrity and consistency of the Stork Vision® Brand but also ensures quality and safety for you and your baby during your ultrasound scan.
Only after a Sonographer has earned the highly acclaimed status of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer through examinations are they accredited and approved to use the acronyms RDMS after their name.
To achieve and maintain the RDMS status, the following are required;
- A minimum of 2 years Undergraduate Degree
- A minimum of 1 year proven clinical skills
- Two Board Examinations administered by ARDMS® must be passed
- Physics Exam
- Specialty Exam such as Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Must maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits that are approved by ARDMS®.